Here’s our list of 10 best web hosting services by uptime, speed and cost:
1. Bluehost: Highest Reliability ($2.75/mo)
One of the most popular web hosts, hosting more than 2,000,000 websites and blogs since 2003. Officially recommended by WordPress.org.
2. HostGator Cloud: Best Cloud Hosting ($2.99/mo)
Founded in 2002, hosting 600,000+ websites. Most reliable web host by an average uptime and load time on our test sites.
3. SiteGround: Best WordPress Host ($3.95/mo)
SiteGround.com is officially recommended by WordPress.org. Founded in 2004, hosts 800,000 websites worldwide. BBB Rating of “A”.
4. Hostinger: Best Cheap Hosting ($1.45/mo)
Hostinger was founded in November 2004, and they’ve become a web hosting powerhouse ever since. They’ve shot up to over 29 million clients in 178 countries.
5. iPage: Best for Small Website ($1.99/mo)
iPage Hosting is an Endurance International Group (EIG) brand, acquired in 2010 from founder Thomas Gorny.
6. A Small Orange: Expensive but Reliable ($5.92/mo)
Load time: 700ms (10th in speed)
Uptime: 99.99% (5th in uptime)
Cost: $5.92/mo (1-3 year plans)
Support: Live Chat (avg. response ~6min)
Originally launched back in 2003 by Tim Dorr, A Small Orange, despite their small status and whimsical name, has been in this business for a while.
7. Dreamhost: Good for Small Sites ($2.59/mo)
Load time: 710ms (11th in speed)
Uptime: 99.95% (18th in uptime)
Cost: $2.59/mo (3-year plan)
Support: Live Chat (avg. response ~6 min)
Founded way back in 1996 by a few undergrad students at Claremont College in California. And it’s well respected, bringing home PCMag’s ‘Best Web Hosting Service’ award for the second year in a row.
8. A2 Hosting: Fastest Shared Hosting ($3.92/mo)
Load time: 376ms (1st in speed)
Uptime: 99.91% (23rd in uptime)
Cost: $3.92/mo (3-year plan)
Support: Live Chat (avg. response ~8min)
Founded in 2002 (USA) and currently hosting 200,000+ websites. Fastest page load time among our WordPress test sites.
9. WestHost: Average Host With Affordable Pricing ($1.99/mo)
WestHost was founded in 1998 by Chris Russell, and they merged with UK2 Group in 2008. WestHost is one of the cheapest web hosts out there.
10. Midphase: Slightly Slow, But Good Uptime ($3.95/mo)
They’ve been around since ’98, have teams in the UK, Ukraine, and India. Since then, they’ve merged with the UK2 Group in ’07.